Monday, March 19, 2012

Daring to play it big


When I discovered that the topic title of our blog hop of this month is “Daring to play it big”, I was a little bit uncomfortable, as I did not know what to write about such a topic since I was not a risk-taker; I am used to playing it safe. I asked for clarification from my best friend who proofreads my posts every week and she explained that it means daring to follow your dreams and having a vision about what you want to do and despite of the challenges that you know you may face, you still go after your dreams. The sky is your limit! What a challenging topic for someone who has never been a dreamer or a risk-taker. But, still I love it; it inspires me to dream big dreams and work to go higher and higher.

I started to think what dreams I one day had and the risks I took to reach them, and what challenging dreams I have now but still believe I can do it. It took me hours to find answers for these two questions. To answer the first question, I found that I did take risks, three years ago, when I invested a big sum of money to join the International Coach Academy to study coaching. Although I wasn’t sure whether or not I was able to commit to this study till the end, whether or not I will be able to complete the requirements successfully,  whether  or not I will find it interesting, or whether or not  it will allow me to make the change I desired to my life; I took the risk, nevertheless. I joined ICA with a dream of making a change to my life, to find happiness and satisfaction and learn to live differently. At that moment, no one could assure me that by joining ICA I would reach this goal. From my readings about coaching on the net, I got a strong belief that this is exactly what I was seeking for a very long time. I was always interested in listening to my friends, supporting them and I always did my best to make friends take a more positive perspective when they were down. How happy I felt when I was able to make them smile, and how frustrated I felt when I couldn’t. The strong desire I had to learn more about coaching and the stronger belief that this is what I wanted to do didn’t give me the chance to think about asking for advice about it. I am glad I didn’t because I am sure nobody would have encouraged me to do it. After all, coaching wasn’t popular in my community at that time. Again, I had to take a bigger risk, a year and a half later, to be able to realize my dream. I had to leave my full-time job to be able to fulfill my ICA requirements on time. It was a very hard decision to make, but once it was done, coaching became my biggest dream and I had to invest all my energy and time in it to reach my goal. I took the major decision and I quit my job. One year later, I graduated and became a certified professional coach as I have been dreaming for three years. I never regretted the money I had invested; I never regretted the job and the career I had left. On the contrary, I am now encouraged to dream even bigger dreams.


Now with the excitement I feel about coaching, I want to help others to experience it and make extraordinary changes to their lives as I did. The first dream I have is to help women find happiness and satisfaction in life. From my conversations with several women in my community I realized that they are unsatisfied and unhappy, they feel frustrated, unappreciated, unvalued and manipulated. They feel guilty if they think about their happiness. They feel guilty when they don’t give up all their needs and think only about fulfilling others needs. Eventually, bitterness and resentment become the feelings that dominate their lives. I decided to make the happiness of these women my niche. I started to think about a program with specific steps to follow with my clients to be able to reach happiness. But my dream is not only to help them reach happiness and satisfaction. I dream of getting them to radiate happiness and beauty from within after following their own tailored self-care program. I dream of helping them live a life aligned with their values. I wish I could help every woman in the world reach happiness and be her best. I wish I could help them understand that the world sees them the way they see themselves. I want to teach them that if they acknowledge, appreciate, value, love and be kind to themselves, others will follow suit. My dream is to support every woman to realize how amazing she is and how beautiful she can be. First she needs to believe in herself before asking others to believe in her.



“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”  ~Les Brown~

Absolutely, dream a big dream! Even if you fail to reach it, you will reach something high. Now I believe that in reality there are no limits, we are imposing the limits on ourselves and our dreams. The only difference between someone who dreams big dreams and realizes them and another who doesn’t, is that the first believes s/he can and the latter doesn’t; the first works hard with persistence and the latter gives up easily;  the first never looks back but only looks and moves forward while the latter is uncertain where to go. Try once to dream a big dream for something you strongly desire and work on it very hard, don’t give up your dream and never look back and you will see how rewarding it is and how happy, confident, proud and strong you will be. After such an experience only the sky will be your limit.  


This post is part of a blog hop series sponsored by students and graduate Coaches of ICA. Please hop on over to their posts and see what else you can learn about ''Daring to Play BIG'' 

 Jenn Alex Brockman
http://kickasswebsitecoach.com/play-big-business-purpose/ ‎
Kenetha Stanton - Chrysalis Wellness, LLC
http://www.chrysalis-wellness.com/2012/03/19/daring-to-play-big/





6 comments:

  1. What a great story of daring to play BIG! I really love that Les Brown quote and the freedom it gives me to shoot high. Even if I don't achieve everything exactly as I set out to do it initially, I'll still get so much further ahead than I am now. As a perfectionist, this is a really freeing reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I like this quote so much, I read it one or two years ago and when I started writing the blog I remembered it and I immediately searched for it on the net. I believe it's so true. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leaving me these nice words:)

      Delete
  2. Once again, nice post. I enjoy so much hearing your self talk coming to live. I believe that playing big doesn't necessarily mean playing risky. You can aim big and be planned and organized. You proof by your behaviors that you don't just accept what you were given but that you wanted a better life and you went for it. Today you can say that you played big and that you are still doing it. Playing big is just wanting to live a life of personal growth and fulfillment. Success is just a perception of your own mind and heart. If you feel you are living the live you want to live then you are succeeding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nuria, your comments and encouraging words brings me a lot of confidence:).
    When I think about my life long years ago I realize that I was looking for coaching for long time but didn't know it existed. I wanted to find a way to understand better myself and make my life happier. I was interested in self development but didn't know where or how to start. I feel blessed that I knew about coaching and ICA to find my way and to know all of you amazing coaches who are giving me great support:). Thanks dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the times I feel so related to your stories. I studied Psychology many years ago. At the time Life Coaching was not a choice, as you said, so I tried to make my studies part of my life but never found the right fit. When I found coaching, together with myself, I realized that Coaching was exactly what my heart was looking for all these years. I appreciate every step of my life but I can certainly say that today I found my calling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too at a certain stage of my life I thought about studying psychology but I was working in a very demanding career (software engineering) so all I could do is to have some readings but actually it didn't help a lot and even reading about coaching didn't bring me a lot of change as working with my peer coaches did.
      Thanks God we found our calling and I wish I can help everyone do the same it brings a lot of satisfaction, happiness and confidence:)

      Delete